Read on for our top five tips for creating a tablescape and Christmas Tablescaping ideas.
- Choose one theme or colour scheme for your tablescape first, then get creative mixing and matching pieces that tie in, and everything will come together much easier. A few tablescaping ideas you could let your imagination run wild with for your Christmas tablescape are: highland stags, Nordic trees, winter greenery & foliage, and metallic stars.
- Shop your home for interesting pieces for your tablescape, and get outside and gather winter branches, berries and evergreens like holly and ivy for your display.
- Be practical about the height of your displays - guests should still be able to converse across the table without leaning around view blocking flower arrangements or candelabras, plus your guests should be able to eat comfortably with plenty of elbow room despite your table decorations.
- Don’t overlook ambient candle lighting. Think of your tablescape as one element of your entire 'diningscape', which is your whole dining space, including candles (lots of them), music and room scent. If safety is an issue use flickering LED candles, which you can get in all sizes from tall, elegant dinner candles to dramatic 3 wick pillar candles.
- Include personal touches like hand written place cards, or a small surprise hidden in a napkin.
Here are some tablescaping essentials from our collection. Click the images to shop.